9th Annual Environmental Policy Conference: The Role of Science in Policymaking
Watch the conference video below.
Opening session with Todd Myers, WPC's environmental director, talking about eco-fads:
Panel 1 - The Role of Science in Environmental Policymaking:
Panel 2 - Environmental Priorities for Water Policy:
Keynote lunch with Dr. Patrick Moore, author of Confessions of a Greenpeace Dropout: The Making of a Sensible Environmentalist:
Join us on Thursday, July 21, from 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Bell Harbor Conference Center in Seattle for our 9th Annual Environmental Policy Conference and Luncheon. Dr. Patrick Moore, co-founder and former member of Greenpeace, will be our lunch keynote speaker. He is the author of the new book Confessions of a Greenpeace Dropout: The Making of a Sensible Environmentalist and one of the most popular environmental speakers in the world. Read a brief excerpt from his book!
Conference PowerPoint Presentations:
- Getting Back to Green, by Todd Myers
- When Science and Politics Collide, by Dr. Alex Berezow, Ph.D.
- Science and Public Policy: Solutions and Challenges, by Norman MacLeod
- Puget Sound Partnership Priorities, by Chris Townsend
- Active Water Management for the 21st Century, by Maia Bellon
- Water Issues in Washington, by Kathleen Collins
Todd Myers, director of WPC's Center for the Environment, will be the breakfast speaker at the conference and will discuss the costs/benefits of eco-fads. Panel discussions will include the role of science in environmental policymaking and water issues, featuring:
- Dr. Alex Berezow, Ph.D., editor of RealClearScience.com
- Norm MacLeod, Executive Director at Environmental Sciences Independent Peer Review Institute
- State Rep. Hans Zeiger (R-Puyallup)
- Chris Townsend, Special Assistant to the Executive Director, Puget Sound Partnership
- Kathleen Collins, Washington Water Policy Alliance
- Maia Bellon, Program Manager for the Water Resource Division at the Washington State Department of Ecology
Registration options: (Registration is now closed. Please register at the event.)
- Lunch and conference: $60 ($55 for WPC supporters*)
- Lunch with keynote speaker only: $40 ($35 for WPC supporters*)
- Table sponsor for lunch and conference: $500
- Table sponsor for lunch only: $300
*WPC supporter rate is for individuals who have contributed $50 or more in the laast year.
For more information or to inquire about sponsorship opportunities contact Stephanie at strue [at] washingtonpolicy [dot] org or 206-937-9691.