Eastern Washington Office Assistant Job Description
Washington Policy Center is the premier non-profit, independent think tank in Washington state - promoting sound public policy based on free-market solutions. WPC provides accurate, high-quality research through its seven research centers focusing on the areas of agriculture, government reform, small business, environment, health care, education, and transportation.
With four offices in Seattle, Olympia, Spokane and Tri-Cities, WPC’s impact is felt throughout the entire state with an annual budget of $2.9 million and a statewide staff of 18. On average, WPC’s research is in the media five times per day. Dozens of our recommendations have been signed into law or passed by voters at the state and local level.
Washington Policy Center is now hiring for their part-time Eastern Washington office assistant. This position offers a great opportunity to gain valuable office experience in a non-profit, public policy environment. This position will work closely with and reports to the Eastern Washington director in Spokane, and also work with key staff in the organization.
- Organizing publications and materials for WPC events in Eastern Washington
- Assisting in scheduling and setup of Eastern Washington events
- Coordinating meetings with Eastern Washington Advisory Board
- Scheduling meetings with WPC supporters
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks including maintaining records and office organization
- Some in-state travel and participation/coordination of WPC events
- Understand and support WPC’s mission to promote free-market solutions through research and education in Washington state
- College level degree preferred
- High level of organization and attention to detail and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at one time
- Must exhibit sound judgment in confidential donor matters
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel
- Hours vary throughout year, but approximately 15 hours/week with flexible scheduling
- Ability to work additional hours including some evenings at events at discretion of Eastern Washington director
- The position will work out of WPC’s downtown Spokane office
- Salary: $13 per hour
Contact: Chris Cargill, Eastern Washington director, firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 570-2384