Because being there is what's most important, WPC's Center for Transportation researches and analyzes the best practices for relieving traffic congestion by recapturing a vision of a system based on freedom of movement.
A Roadmap for Mobility: Recommendations On a Responsible Transportation Funding Plan for Washington State
Michael Ennis, Director, Center for Transportation, May, 2012
- Taxes and fees paid by drivers should not subsidize other modes of transportation
- Do not create a state-level tax or fee to fund local transit agencies
- Stop diverting existing transportation taxes and fees for non-highway purposes
- Expand capacity, fix chokepoints and do not restrict new resources to just maintaining the existing system
- Reduce unnatural cost drivers that make transportation projects more expensive
Wendell Cox, May, 2012
The Seattle Times published this column on May, 2012.