Because being there is what's most important, WPC's Center for Transportation researches and analyzes the best practices for relieving traffic congestion by recapturing a vision of a system based on freedom of movement.
Bob Pishue, Director, Center for Transportation, June, 2013
- Taxes and fees paid by drivers should not subsidize other modes of transportation
- Do not create a state-level tax or fee to fund local transit agencies
- Stop diverting existing transportation taxes and fees to pay for non-highway purposes
- Expand capacity, fix chokepoints and do not restrict new resources to just maintaining the existing system
- Reduce unnatural cost drivers that make transportation projects more expensive